The Sum of Part…
The Sum of Parts project is officially back in action. As such, I’m going to be making a new, slimmed-down, narrower-focus KludgeCity. I already mentioned what I want to take away, but what am I going to add? Here’s the initial wishlist:
- kit-bashing: the ability to add arbitrary geometry and static meshes into the Kludge pipe
- arbitrary boundaries: the new Kludge will use a different method for footprints, allowing for arbitrarily-shaped polygonal boundaries… possibly NURBS?
- easier tiers: the new system is this — choose a height, choose a number of divisions, choose a “slide” or “weight” for placement, and Kludge will handle the rest. And of course the randomizer will control all of these behind the scenes as well.
- procedural shading system — because I don’t have UVs any more, I want to have a robust system for creating variation and surface shading with a minimum of fuss or hassle.
- gargoyles: because they’re cool.